Hot or cold, this dish makes a great meal and even greater leftovers. Quick tip: make this dish completely vegan by substituting a tablespoon of coconut oil for the butter.
1 medium kohlrabi
1 cup broccoli florets
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 block (200g) firm tofu, cut in 1” chunks
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
Sea salt and freshly
ground pepper, to taste
- Peel and cut the kohlrabi into 1” (2 .5cm) chunks.
- Steam the vegetables adding them to the steamer in the following order: kohlrabi first, then broccoli. Steam until tender.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil on medium heat and then sauté the tofu until golden.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté again.
- Add lemon juice and butter. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in sesame oil and tarragon.
- Arrange the tofu and vegetables on a platter, pour the sauce over top and serve immediately.