Delicious, savoury meat in a tender zucchini boat. What more could you ask for? This cozy dish uses every part of the zucchini, so nothing goes to waste!
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 small onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1½ lbs. naturally-raised ground chicken, turkey, beef, or other ground meat of your choice
2 large zucchinis
Fresh rosemary, thyme, or other herbs of your choice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a frying pan or wok over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cooking until the onion is translucent.
- Add the meat and keep stirring. Reduce the heat.
- Meanwhile, slice the zucchini in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and flesh with a spoon, making sure you keep about ½ inch flesh on the skin to make zucchini “shells.”
- Finely chop and add the scooped out zucchini flesh to the pan with the meat mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add the herbs of your choice.
- Once the meat mixture is thoroughly cooked, remove from the heat and stuff the mixture in the zucchini shells.
- Place them in an ovenproof dish and bake for 45 minutes at 350°F.