Crackers should lift you up, not drag you down! These seeded, protein-packed crackers will give you the energy boost you need to make it to the next meal. We recommend pairing them with hummus, guacamole, or alongside your favourite soup.
1 cup chia seeds
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup sesame seeds
½ cup ground flax
2 cup water
2 clove of garlic, minced
2 tsp fresh rosemary or thyme (1 tsp dried)
½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes to allow the chia to absorb the water. If there’s any water remaining at the bottom of the bowl, stir again and let sit another few minutes.
- Blend 1- 1½ cups of the mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add your blended mix back to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheets in manageable segments, no thicker than ¼ inch.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully flip each segment with a spatula. Bake for 25-35 more minutes until lightly golden around the edges.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes and break into cracker sized bits. Let them cool completely before transferring to an airtight container. They can be stored on the counter for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Top your crackers with: Almond butter, cinnamon, a dash of sea salt, and hemp hearts
- Guacamole, pesto or hummus