This pizza crust uses cauliflower as a base, making it a great source of fibre and antioxidants. You won’t get that from your delivery pizza!
1 ½ lbs fresh cauliflower
3 Tbsp flax seeds
½ cup almond flour
½ tsp sea salt
1 clove garlic, minced
½ tsp. Italian bulk seasoning
Toppings of choice:
Spinach or kale
Roasted herbed chicken breast
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Steam cauliflower for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until it has a rice-like texture.
- If hot, cool the cauliflower to a temperature that is comfortable to handle. Place it in a nut milk bag, cheesecloth or a clean dish towel, and squeeze out all the excess liquid.
- Add the strained cauliflower to a bowl and mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Press the mixture evenly onto the prepared lined baking sheet, flattening until it’s thin.
- Bake the crust for 45 minutes, checking after 30 minutes to ensure it’s not burning. At the 30-35 minute mark, carefully flip the crust. You want the crust as dry and golden brown as possible.
- While your crust bakes, prepare your choice of toppings.
- Once the crust is firm and dry, top with homemade pesto and your prepared toppings.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
If using frozen cauliflower rice, let it thaw in the fridge overnight and skip directly to the straining step.