This hearty, healthy breakfast will get your energy up for the day ahead. Feel free to use any veggies you have on hand, and mix it up to keep things interesting!
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or ghee/grass fed butter)
1 garlic clove minced
½ small white onion
Greens of choice; kale, parsley, basil, spinach, cilantro
1 avocado, sliced or mashed
- Chop up onion, greens and garlic.
- In a medium sized pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add greens of choice and cook until slightly wilted.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- Pour the eggs into the pan over the vegetables.
- Cook for about 3 minutes and then flip.
- Fold in half and serve with sliced or mashed avocado.
- Add sea salt to taste.
- Swap avocado for guacamole or pesto (see Homemade Dips).
- Add chicken, turkey, tofu, or herbed turkey breakfast rounds.
- Replace olive oil with ghee or grass fed butter.
- Other sautéed vegetable options: broccoli, shiitake mushrooms, red onion or zucchini.
- To turn this into a tofu scramble, crumble tofu into the pan in place of the eggs, season with a pinch of turmeric. and garlic powder, and stir constantly for 6-7 minutes until all liquid has evaporated.