Need some nutrient-packed snacks to keep on hand for a quick bite? Look no further. These energy balls are a great protein-filled snack or dessert that will give you the boost you need!
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (set aside a little extra to coat the energy balls with)
1⁄2 cup seeds of your choice (sunflower, flax, pumpkin)
1 cup unsweetened nut butter of your choice
1/4 cup chia seeds
1⁄4 tsp cinnamon or warm digestive seasoning
Salt to taste
Stevia to taste (optional)
1. In a food processor, pulse coconut and seeds until they form a powder.
2. Add nut butter, chia seeds and seasonings to the food processor. Continue to process, scraping down the sides when necessary. Blend until well combined.
3. Scrape mixture into a bowl and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours until a workable dough forms.
4. Form chilled dough into 1-inch balls, and roll into shredded coconut to coat.
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.