These herby turkey rounds make a great complement to scrambled eggs, or served as a protein option on top of salad or cooked greens. They’re a great
item to prepare in advance for an easy option, and by switching up the herbs
and flavourings, you can keep things fresh.
1 lb ground turkey
1 Tbsp fresh sage (or 1 tsp dried sage)
1 Tbsp green onions, chopped
½ tsp dried thyme
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until just combined.
- Divide mixture into 8 equal portions, forming ½ inch thick patties and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook patties about 3-4 minutes per side or until they are browned and cooked through.
- Serve with scrambled eggs, vegetable omelette, or on top of sautéed greens.
- Swap out the sage and thyme for basil or oregano, or add a clove of garlic.
Play around with the flavours.