Collard greens are absolutely packed with nutrients. They’re a reliable source of vitamins A, C, K, and B-6, as well as calcium, iron and magnesium. Adding this recipe into your regular rotation will benefit your bones, liver, digestive system, skin, hair, mood, and even your sleep!
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, diced
2-3 cloves garlic, diced
2 lbs collard greens (about 8-10 large leaves), tough stems removed
1-2 Tbsp fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, cilantro, etc.)
Fresh ground pepper to taste
¼ cup raw sunflower seeds (optional)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large, non-stick skillet.
- Add onions and garlic, cooking until onions are translucent.
- Add greens. Cover and steam for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and herbs and cover for 15 mins to continue to steam or until the greens are wilted but not soggy.
- Top with sunflower seeds if desired. Serve hot.