You’re going to love the warm flavours of this chicken curry. The best part? It all comes together in one pan, for maximum ease. If you’re looking to make this dish even more savoury, substitute the water for chicken or vegetable broth.
1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 large onion, chopped
1⁄2 lb. chicken breast, diced
2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
1⁄4 inch ginger, thinly sliced 1 tsp cumin seeds
1⁄2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp fennel seeds
1⁄2 tsp curry powder
1⁄2aheadof broccoli, chopped
1 cup green beans, de-stemmed and chopped
1 1⁄4 cups water
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add onions. Sauté until onions are translucent.
2. Add the chicken and cook through.
3. Add garlic, ginger and spices, cooking until fragrant.
4. Add about 1⁄4 cup of water, and simmer for 5 minutes, being careful not to burn.
5. Add an additional 1 cup of water, and then add the broccoli and green beans.
6. Cook until veggies are tender, and the mixture has reduced to your desired consistency.
To make this dish vegetarian, replace the chicken with tofu or a small portion of beans or lentils.